Thursday, February 11, 2010

Come on People! (Style Watch that is)

Sorry for my temporary absence divas...I am channeling Kate Beckinsale in White Out since we are covered in almost 4 feet of snow!! It's the perfect time to peruse the latest issue of People Style Watch and of course, I have issues with some of their advice on what's hot and what's not. Let me start by saying Tim Gunn and Stacy London are always on the money and that is why they have their own shows.  What I do have a prolem with, however, is some of People's "what's hot or not" advice.  Every time I flip to this section I brace myself for the rediculous list of "not hot".  What in the world are "long trips" doing on the "not hot" list?  Sometimes, if the planets allign correctly and you work hard, a long trip is just what the doctor ordered.  I often find myself feeling sorry for the perveyors of these banished goods and services until I realize that maybe no one else takes this list seriously either.  To be fair, they usually get the "whats hot" part correct.  But then, some of the "whats hot" advice out in the fashion world is a bit out of touch with the mainstream fashionistas.  For instance, space age shoulder pads and super shredded jeans landed on the "not hot" list.  I decided last fall when they first showed up on the scene that they should already be on that list and never bought into it.  I have a simple rule: if you think that an outfit will look utterly rediculous within six months to a year, chances are it looks utterly rediculous right now.  On a posiive note, if People Style Watch continues to feature fabulous merchandise that is affordable (they take the cake in this department) and advice sections from Tim and Stacy, I will stay a loyal subscriber.  I will probably lash out at the "not hot" list again, but they are just asking for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment