Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My favorite fashion ad campaign

While I can't exactly say this is my favorite designer (I have too many to name), I find myself extremely drawn to his print ads over and over again.  His name?  Michael Kors.  I love the jet set-ish vibe of his campaign and how successful they are at making me long to be that girl, wearing that outfit and jetting off with that gorgeous man!  The woman is always stunning and perfectly bronzed and she is hopping in and out of luxury cars, boats and even private planes with a casually coiffed, sexy man.  It is more than that though.  It is a fantasy setting but yet it retains a sense of "realism" that you can relate to, or at least wish you could relate to.  I always find myself making up a story to go with the scene portrayed and you cannot say that about, say, Marc Jacobs or some of the other "a little too artsy" designers.  Don't get me wrong...Mr, Jacobs is a genious, but it annoys me when designers seem to be telling us that even the bizarre is sexy and attractive.  Sometimes the high fashion ads are just too out there and the way they pose the models, albeit art, is just not going to make me want to be that girl, wearing that dress.  Well done Michal Kors!

No comments:

Post a Comment