Saturday, March 20, 2010

Oh the places I would go....

Like many of you busy Divas, I am pulled in too many directions to get away as much as I would like these days.  I was lying in bed this morning looking at the blue sky and listening to the birds and I decided to drift off into a "where would I go and why" day dream.  Here is what I came up with:
1.    The "I must visit this place just out of curiosity" category includes a yachting trip to Monte Carlo and a stay at one of the opulent palaces of Instanbul.  These trips are unlikely, but on the list nonetheless.
2.   The humanitarian side of me wants to visit poor countries around the globe and bring food, clean water and clothing to orphans.  Not because Angelina made it "en vogue" but because we truly don't have enough modern day Mother Teresa's and the world needs to care all the time, not just when Wyclef Jean hosts a telethon.  Why no telethon for Chile??
3.  For a red carpet in the Carribean experience, I would head for St. Barths.
4.  For reasons unknown to me, I would be intrigued by a trip to the Black Forest of Germany.  Maybe because of a Victoria Holt novel I read when I was young...
5.  For an exotic island get away, my top choice would be the Canary Islands off the coast of Africa.
6.  For a history lesson I would head to the Pyramids in Egypt and then pop over to the Great Wall of China.  It would be a Seven Wonders kind of thing.
7.  France - wine country, the Riviera and then cap it off in Paris....preferably during Fashion Week.
8.  The Almafi Coast of Italy and then to visit my family in Genoa and Portofino.
9.  The night owl in me wants to take an Alaskan Cruise. I have heard it is light out until 10 pm during certain times of year!
10. The Alps at Christmas...saw this on the travel channel...so cozy!!!
Where would you go??

No comments:

Post a Comment